T-22 days.. And I'm only beginning to get into the Christmas spirit. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the holidays. I may or may not have tuned into KOST every day a week before Thanksgiving in anticipation of their nonstop Christmas music. In fact, I've dreamed about all the ways I would celebrate the holidays when I had a family of my own... Well now that I do, I find myself not having much time or energy to get it together. This year we have been cleaning our house to create a safe and fun space for Makayla. Now that we are well into December, I'm forcing myself to enjoy a little bit of the holidays every day in December. Just because we will be forgoing the tree, lights, and most of the decor doesn't mean we can't enjoy the season, right?
So this is what I've done so far:
Dec 1: We had a nice post-Thanksgiving dinner with family.
Dec 2: We had our small group over at our house and enjoyed a nice afternoon of fellowship
Dec 3: I ate a Christmas cookie :)
Dec 4: (today) ???
Any suggestions??
Sorry this is such a boring post. I'll try harder next time. Here's a recent picture of Makayla to spruce it up:
 |
| Courtesy of Auntie Em |
Ahhh... Much better. Now it's really beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Awesome picture! Maybe watch a Christmas movie? ABC Family has 25 days of Christmas so there's always something on.
ReplyDelete