Monday, January 28, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I am aware that it is almost February and I am a month late on making my New Year's Resolutions. Better late than never, right?

I am a huge believer in making New Year's Resolutions. Yes I believe that one should be motivated to form goals throughout the year. However, how great is it that there is one day (or month) a year when I can reflect on my accomplishments from the past year and form new goals to be reached in the new year?

I am also a huge believer in making concrete goals-- the more specific, the better!

Here are my resolutions for 2013:

Become a more child-friendly mom
- learn 1 new children's song a week
- share/experience 1 new special event or activity with Makayla a week
- celebrate each holiday with 1 new tradition

Become a better wife
- ask Eric about his day every day
- actually listen (instead of making faces) when Eric talks about technology
- watch more nerdy shows with Eric (without complaining)
- make fun of Eric less (who am I kidding? ;))

Exercise my creativity
- finish Makayla's baby album

Cook a few good meals
- master 5 new child friendly and fun meals
- cook something from Joy of Cooking
- master 2 new desserts

Embrace technology
- post 5 new instagram pictures a week
- write 2 blog posts a month
- read 2 books via Kindle in a year
- develop a system of archiving mommy blog posts via pocket
- actively use Evernote and Astrid

Get organized
- figure out a cleaning schedule and stick to it
- clean my office and keep it clean

Spend more time with God, family, and friends

Because these are posted on my blog, I am now held accountable!

Here is one of the first new memorable moments with Makayla in 2013:

Carousel ride at Southcoast Plaza




















Stay tuned! More to come in 2013...


2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the Instagram one. I didn't even realize that you started using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice you're in the carousel picture too?

      Delete