Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas Day 5: Decorating the house

We had fun putting up the Christmas decorations today! Lukey is learning that ornaments stay on trees and are not to be played with so there were some tantrums. 

Eric and I started a tradition before we had kids where we would pick out an ornament that was meaningful to us. Some include a "just married" ornament, a ornament from Seattle space needle, and an ornament from San Francisco. Since having kids, we have been picking out ornaments that remind us of them. My personal favorite is the crazy coupe ornament (because we have a real sized crazy coupe) and a popping toy ornament Eric got reminding us of the year M learned to walk. This year I picked out a rainbow dash ornament for M and Eric picked out a Mickey Santa ornament for L. 

M and I also made some holiday rice crispy treats while the boys enjoyed devouring them! Making these reminds me of my childhood. I'm glad I got to share a part of it with M.







2 comments:

  1. Aww the owl ornament! And rice krispies remind you of your childhood? I don't ever remember making those. Did you make them in the five years before I was born?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete