Makayla is legitimately a toddler now! Some highlights this month:
Makayla is talking A LOT. She'll right at me and string together a series of indecipherable babble that sounds so convincing I'm sure it makes total sense to her! Occasionally she'll speak English or Chinese, which is super exciting. She also says "E-I-E-I" as in "Old McDonald had a farm...". She never says O though.
Makayla makes spaceship noises "PSHHH PSHHH".
Makayla is standing really well. She can go from sitting to standing without help or support which is new this month. She is also great at cruising and a fast crawler. She won't walk. Not can't, won't. Clearly she has the strength but once an attempt is made to hold her by the armpits, she starts to whine and her legs go limp.
Makayla has been super affectionate! Every once in awhile, she'll come up to me wanting a hug. Then she'll let go and crawl away.
Makayla enjoys standing on her carseat. The minute I get her in the car, she immediately turns around and stands. It is quite a challenge getting her to sit.
Makayla has become fearful of things.. Ok one thing.. The Roomba. She is so curious and when it's off, she'll even touch it. But once it's on and moving, she'll beg to be carried and hang on tight!
Makayla has become shy. Remember happy social baby M? She's still around-- when she sees a stranger, she'll point to them and smile and babble something nonsensical. And if course the strangers often look back, smile, and even talk to her.. Then she looks down, peeking her eyes up occasionally. It's the funniest thing!




She's so cute. I miss her so much!
ReplyDelete